10.15.2009

Whenever I hear the song of a bird...

When I was a little girl, my Mom used to sing songs to me as she rocked me to sleep...

This is one of my favorites...

"Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him reverently.
For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.


I am listening to it right now from this soundtrack...

 (which is a beautifully peaceful soundtrack by the way)

Somehow I just happened to look outside the window at the same time as this song was playing, And in the quiet rain I saw 3 or 4 little birdies, flitting around and eating from the neighbor's bird seed...

It almost seems to perfect doesn't it?  It is...
 It's just a little miracle for my day, something to remind me that He is there... in everything.

My Heavenly Father loves me...he loves me so much that he is letting me be a part of one of his creations...


...a creation that, in 6-8 weeks, I will hold in my arms and sing to sleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite primary songs too! We have that cd and my little ones used to listen to it to go to sleep until our cd player broke :( (I love the versions of the songs on there though. I am glad for your little miracle today! I'm so excited for you to have your baby!

Ashley said...

We have this for PJ's room. Love it!!!

Brianna Tuckett said...

That song truly does remind us that Heavenly Father loves us and has created everything in this world just special for us. Sometimes I think he made a rainbow or a sunset just for me. A few years ago I had just broken up with my first serious boyfriend and was feeling devestated so I went on a run and ended up at the fair grounds talking to the horses (my comfort zone. While feeling blue I looked up at the the sunset and it was the most vivd one I had ever seen in Idaho and it reminded me so much of Arizona sunsets and let me know that my Heavenly Father could make home wherever I am and that He knows and loves me enough to make a sunset just for me :) "Oh how wonderful that He should care enough . . . Oh how wonderful, wonderful to me!"

Sweet Em said...

I craved the moment I could hold Tessa and the first thing I did was sing to her. I chose "I Am a Child of God" and Jack Johnsons Lullaby. Now her favorite is "I love to see the Temple" which I never really liked until she did.

I have been thinking a lot about how excited I am for you!