2.18.2009

I'm Sick

I'm sick today. I have a bad head cold.

I went to the store to buy some things for a church activity.

As I sauntered through the aisles, I remembered a shower that I had been invited to, but I am not going because "it's my birthday weekend" and we are going out of town...(okay, okay, so the plan is partly an excuse so I don't end up going to a party that I will come home sobbing from after listening to 20 or so women talk about their childbearing and pregnancy experiences...)

Anyway, I still wanted to get her a gift. I thought I would be daring and venture down the diaper aisle..."just get some diapers and GET OUTTA THERE!" I thought to myself.

You'd think that I'd chosen the safest place in the baby section to undertake...

...

...next time I will volunteer someone else to do that for me.


Why is it that the smell of (clean) baby diapers makes my heart ache?

2 comments:

Joanie said...

Laura, this is a beautiful blog. Thank you for sharing your story and important information with others. I pray that you will be comforted on your journey.
{{Hugs}},
Joanie

Emily R. said...

I so agree with you. Whenever I go into Walgreens I have to tell myself not to walk in the baby section. Too hard!

Thanks for your blog! It's a comfort to know that there is someone else in the world going through the same challenges as myself!