4.21.2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

A couple of days ago, I was at work and one little 2 year old said to me,

"you have alot of owie's?"

me: "A lot of owie's?, what do you mean?"

Then she proceeded to point out some of the pimples on my face. "right dare...and right dare... and..."

:(

This is not the first time this has happened.

A few weeks ago, one of the kids said,

"Ms. Laura, why do you have so many red dots on your face?"

I could have gone into detail, explaining that when you have PCOS, like me, your hormones are messed up. And even though you thought, that at 26 years old, your face would be free of that awful teenage plague of acne...you still wake every morning, to find one more brand new friend on your face. You try face creams, moisturizers, exfoliants, which, to your dismay just seem to give you more and more pimples!!!


but, instead just I said,

"They are just pimples, sweetheart"


The joys of PCOS.

7 comments:

MindySue said...

I'm sorry hon...that's no fun. If it helps, you're going to get those awkward moments when you have kids too.

They'll embarass the living crap out of you...and then you'll giggle and blog about it.

May your future daughter wave an unwrapped pad in the face of the man sitting next to you at church..and yell DIAPER DIAPER DIAPER....VERY SOON.

Emily R. said...

I love the honesty of children!

I have PCOS as well.

Ashley said...

that and "Why do you have a mostauche?"

Brianna Tuckett said...

Gotta love kids! That's why I teach the oder ones, but instead I get questions like "Are you pregnant?" Nope, just fat :) Gotta love it ;)/;(

Amy said...

Amen. Story of my life.

The Beck Bunch said...

Funny story Laura! I was subbing for the 5 year olds at church one Sunday, one of the little girls was starring at me and finally asked (pointing to her upper lip), "Do I have hair right here?" I said no so she asked me why I did. I wanted to just climb under a rock but I just told her that some people do and some people don't. Then she kept starring at me. I never knew how self conscience you could be around a 5 year old!!! Crazy kids!!

Anonymous said...

PCOS right here! I have two kids now. Don't give up.