4.11.2009

TEAM TESSA: Sister Support

Two years ago, my older sister's first child (conceived through IVF), Tessa, was born prematurely. She weighed 2 lbs 3 oz at birth, but is now a healthy and happy little two year old!

One of the many organizations that helped support Tessa was the March of Dimes. The March of Dimes organization helps with research on premature birth and preventing birth defects and gives hospital support to families of premature babies.

Last year, my older sister participated in the March of Dimes-March for Babies in her area, as they were one of the many people that supported their family at Tessa's birth. The research they have supported over the years helped make it possible for Tessa to survive when she was born 13 weeks early. They also provided a representative to give comfort and support to their family while Tessa was in the hospital.

(Tessa on the day of last year's March for Babies)

This year, my sister's family is expecting their second baby and on bed rest. Therefore, it is not possible for her to walk in the March for Babies in her area.

That is why I am walking. To provide some sisterly support, for my sister and Tessa, and for Tessa's new little sister (also conceived through IVF) who we, most likely, will be expecting to come earlier than due as well...

I will be walking at the following event (in 2 weeks!):

April 25, 2009
The Muny-St. Louis Forest Park
Lower Muny Parking Lot
St. Louis, MO 63112
9:oo AM

To help support Team Tessa: Sister Support you can click here and
JOIN MY TEAM!

Or if you don't live near the event or cannot participate in the walk, you can still support our team by
DONATING HERE.

Or click the link on my sidebar to take you to my March for Babies page.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing for your sister!

Our children have all been conceived via fertility treatments. Our twins were 11 weeks early and weighed 2 lbs. 10 oz. and 1 lb. 15 oz. respectively. And like Tessa, they are miraculously healthy and beautiful now.

I did go on to have a big, fat singleton after the twins. I will pray for the same outcome for your sister.

In the mean time, I think I'll see if there is a walk in my area. The kids and I can do it together. Thank the Lord for all the little miracles he provides. I will be praying that you get your miracle too.